Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dear Friends and Fans of my dad,
I am so completely touched by all your love and support for my father and for me right now. It is a strange thing sharing this with the world, and yet, this is what I have always done.
He was a kind man, a great father, and a deep and thoughtful voice for the world.
Now it is our turn to tell the truth and never tolerate mediocrity. Some saw him as a man who had given up on the world, I know that he was always trying to wake us up and make us take back our power.
Dad, I love you, miss you, and will carry on the torch.

Please donate to
The American Heart Association - http://honor.americanheart.org/site/TR?fr_id=1030&pg=tgreeting
The Thomas Jefferson Center - www.tjcenter.org

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for reaching out during this terrible time.

    I'll save my endless adoration for your father, and his career, until a more appropriate time.

    Take time for yourself.

    I'm going to make a donation to the AHA right now.

    Stepher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for carrying the torch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:59 PM

    Kelly, I work at the school where you earned your masters, and I remember Becky speaking of you. I was there, working, at graduation when you walked in the ceremony. Anyway, I have always been a fan of your dad and am so very sorry to hear of his passing. "He was just here a minute ago..." I am so sorry, and send love and healing thoughts to you and to your mom.
    There are so many, so many, people whose lives were touched by your dad, and I know whose lives you have touched, who are there to support you even though we don't know you.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly,
    Just a random stranger wanting to express my sympathies at the loss of your dad. I count him among the people in life who taught me to laugh AND think...my stepfather handed me one of his albums when I was about fourteen and said "Listen to THIS if you want to understand what funny is." (It also made me the only kid who laughed when one of my teachers made reference to 'the Hippy Dippy Weather Man', giving me instant Teacher's Pet cred for getting the joke.) He taught us that its not just okay to call bullshit when we see it; its our responsibility.

    Peace,

    Kimberly Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly, Jeff Gold here (Ordinary Dharma guy from the Venice Canals.) I've been thinking about you, and wanted send you all my wishes. Your dad was an inspiration to millions, me included, and happily as Thich Nhat Hahn would say, he lives on in everyone he touched--me included.

    I never knew your dad personally (I spoke to him once when he moved here about some rock posters, but we never did get together)but just knowning he lived in the neighborhood was such a thrill for many. All my wishes are with you and boy, that Sangha was fun while it lasted. Jeff

    ReplyDelete